Monday, June 22, 2009

discussion question reading two answers

1. What do you think you would put out there as a message in graffiti?

Well, I would put out something really, really random, as I have nothing that I would like to share with the public. But of course I think the better question is whether I would write a graffiti in the first place. I have nothing to gain from doing so... and my reasoning:

1. I suck at drawing, so I am going to end up embarassing myself...

2. Even if I was good at drawing, it would take up quite a bit of time to paint a decent graffiti, and I rather be doing other productive(or at least remotely interesting) things during that time...

3. And even if I was good at drawing and I derived immense pleasure from graffiti-ing, I would be vandalizing public property most of the time, which is not very cool. I believe in the freedom of expression and I respect street art, but I believe grafitti-ing should be done within the limits that I do not limit other people's freedom to NOT get annoyed at looking at the graffitis....

And that's just about everything I wanted to say... yeah...

No comments:

Post a Comment